Subud Vision - Feedback
John Elwyn Kimber - Confession of an ex-Latihaneer
SPIRITUAL PROGRESS, or, WHATEVER YOU DO, DON'T LET GO. From John Elwyn Kimber, November 27, 2010. Time 12:5
I would like to write a short postscript to the above. To all those who are still happy to read my contributions to Subud Vision, thanks in advance for bothering to read this P.S.
Notwithstanding my own up-and-down problems with Subud and with my own Latihan as recorded in my ‘Confessions’: this is what I would write if asked to sum up ‘the problem of Subud’ in something like a single sentence…
SPIRITUAL PROGRESS or, WHATEVER YOU DO, DON'T LET GO
'But I DO surrender - I surrender really hard!'
- Subud member, speaking to Bapak
The problem with Subud is that too many practitioners of Latihan still believe that becoming is the key to being – rather than the other way round.
All successful practitioners of Latihan avoid this trap. Or, in other words -
A) ‘The cure is at the centre of the ill’ –
- Mirra Alfassa (‘the Mother’).
B) ‘It Must Out!’ –
- Mas Sudarto.
Discussion with other contributors on this page
Add Feedback to this page / Communicate with us
Use the form below to
- Send your own response to the opinions expressed above
- Request password reminder
- Request addition to or removal from the list of contributors who get instant email notification of changes to this page
- Complain about a guidelines breach.
Very sorry but feedback forms now permanently closed on the Subud Vision site